Broad Peak Expedition
Broad Peak is named for the immense bulk of its peak. It has a strong presence in its environs. Its local name is 'Falchan Kangri'. Upon arriving in Islamabad, we then fly to a mountain town called Skardu or if the weather is inclement we travel by road through the Indus gorge to Skardu and the parting point from civilization. Jeeps take us to the road end at Askole, the last village in the valley.
Askole is the beginning of the trek to base camp and each night we camp out as we travel up the valley with our Balti porters providing entertainment and colour to the otherwise stark and barren countryside.
Duration: 55 Days
Min. Altitude: (0m./0ft.)
Max. Altitude: (8047m./26401ft.)
Walking Per Day: Approximately 5-6hrs
Best Season: June-July.
Price Per Person:
Day 01: Islamabad: Arrive Islamabad.
Day 02: Islamabad:
- Welcome reception at Alpine Club of Pakistan.
Day 03: Skardu/Chilas:
- Fly to Skardu. In case of cancellation of flight drive to Chilas (480 km).
Day 04: Chilas/Skardu:
- Day free at Skardu. If your are driving, complete road journey (07–08 hrs) to Skardu (275 km) En-route has good view of Nanga Parbat (8125m).
Day 05: Askole (3000m):
- By jeeps drive to Askole (6-7 hrs).
Day 06-12: Trek to Broad Peak Base Camp.
Day 13-47: 35 days for acclimatization and climbing.
Day 48-51: Trek back to Hushe via Gondogoro La and back to Skardu.
Day 52: Islamabad/Chilas:
- Fly to Islamabad. In case of flight cancellation drive to Chilas.
Day 53: Islamabad:
- Leisure day at Islamabad. In case of driving, complete rod journey from Chilas to Islamabad.
Day 54: Islamabad:
- Farewell meeting at Alpine Club of Pakistan.
Day 55: Fly Out:
- Transfer to airport for your return flight home.
Base camp service
- Arrival & Departure : Airport transfers-Airport/Hotel/Airport
- Hotel In Islamabad : 4 nights in Islamabad 4 star Hotel on bed & breakfast Basis-Double Room
- Member transportation : Islamabad –Skardu by air Skardu to Askoly by jeep Askoly to Skardu by jeep Skardu to-Islamabad (by air ) and Staff transpotation Islamabad to Askoly to Skardu by Jeep Skardu to Islamabad By bus
- Transportation : Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Member and Staffs From Islamabad –to Skardu by bus Skardu to Askoly (by jeep) –Base camp(by Porters)- base camp to Askoly (by porters) Askoly to Skardu (by jeep) Skardu to Islamabad by bus
- Permit : Broad Peak expedition permit , National park fees.
- Garbage Management : Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit fees
- Lodging & Fooding : Food 3 meals a day in Trekking & Base camp for member & Staffs
- Cargo Clearance : International Air cargo clearance of Member Personal Luggage & Payment of Government taxes
- Liaison Officer : 1 Government Liaison officer with full equipment, salary ,accommodation
- Base Camp Staff : Base camp Cook & kitchen Helper
- Porter : Porters per member up to Base camp & Porters return from Base camp
- Staff Salary and allowance : All staffs & porters daily wages, equipment, food & clothing
- Insurance : All Staffs Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance
- Member Luggage : 60 Kg per member for personal baggage
- Base Tent : VE25 North face or Kailas tents for base camp for per member
- Base Base equipment : Base camp foam mattresses, dinning, Kitchen, Toilet & Store tents, hot shower, Tables & chairs & Cooking gears
- Heater : Heater for base camp in each Dining and other necessary camp
- Light : 1 Solar panel for battery charge and light at base camp for use.
- Dinner : one Farewell Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Islamabad with Staff
Full board service
- Oxygen : (O2)-Poisk cylinder: 02 oxygen bottle for each member and 01 oxygen bottle for each high altitude Sherpa
- Mask & Regulator : 1 Set of top Out mask for each member and high altitude Sherpa
- Permit : Satellite Phone /walkie talkie Phone if necessary in basis of Member
- High Altitude Climbing Sherpa : 1 Climbing Sherpa per member and Climbing Bonus
- High camp service : Necessary cooking gas, cooking pot for member, high altitude Sherpa, high altitude tent, high food and fixing gear (C1) (C2) (C3) (C4)
Cost does not include:
- Lunch & Dinner : Lunch & dinner in Islamabad Hotel stay and more then 4 nights in Islamabad Hotel
- Insurance : Travel and high altitude insurance ,accident, medical & emergency evacuation
- Personal Expenses : Telephone, Internet, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages, personal equipment and shopping
- Pakistan's Visa : Pakistan Visa should take into your home country or should take and pay visa fees as per the rules and regulation of Pakistan Government.
- Sherpa summit Bonus & Tips
- Rescue Evacuation : Emergency rescue evacuation cost, if needed and all other personal nature expenses