Gasherbrum - II Expedition
Gasherbrum II is part of the greater Gasherbrum group of 5 peaks, 2 of which soar over 8000m, and is the world’s 13th highest mountain. She is roundly held as one of the most straight-forward and accessible of the fourteen, and climbers on her normal route, if sufficiently resourced and prepared, enjoy reasonable summit rates in clement weather.
She is of course an 8000er, and as such repels many dozens of climbers every year. In 2004 some 38 climbers from multiple nationalities reached her summit after a small weather window opened near the end of the season.
The route of choice is the SW ridge. A mostly clearly defined spur that is relatively free of objective dangers. Nonetheless history shows more than a few climbers have perished on this route due to these causes.
If you want to climb G2, you will need outstanding stamina, a fierce determination, and an ability to deal with 'expedition downtime' - boredom, apathy, lethargy, and cold lonely nights on the glacier.
8K peaks are to climbers what the Grand Slam series is to tennis players (with the exception that there are no spectators at 26,000ft). So if your not ready yet for your "Wimbledon" your not ready for G2.
In real terms, you should have several serious seasons of climbing at or above 6500m before you can contemplate an ascent of Gasherbrum II or any other 8000m peak.
Generally most expeditions that come here allot up to 55 days to climb this mountain from arrival in Islamabad, the capital of Pakistan.
Duration: 50 Days
Min. Altitude: (0m./0ft.)
Max. Altitude: (8035m./26362ft.)
Walking Per Day: Approximately 5-6hrs
Best Season: June-July.
Price Per Person:
Day 01 Arrive Islamabad, transfer to hotel
Day 02 Islamabad- briefing at Ministry of Tourism about Gsherbrum route.
Day 03 Drive to Chilas, transfer to hotel for overnight.
Day 04 Drive to Skardu, overnight at hotel.
Day 05 Skardu- preparations.
Day 06 Drive to Thongal/Askole, overnight camp
Day 07 Trek to Korofong, overnight camp
Day 08 Trek to Chobraqk, overnight camp
Day 09 Trek to Paiju, overnight camp
Day 10 Trek to Urdukas, overnight camp
Day 11 Trek to Goro, overnight camp
Day 12 Trek to Concordia, overnight camp
Day 13 Trek to Sharing, overnight camp
Day 14 Trek to Base Camp
Day 15-47 RESERVED FOR CLIMBING GASHERBRUM
Day 48 Trek back to Sharing, overnight camp
Day 49 Trek back to Concordia, overnight camp
Day 50 Trek to Ali, camp. Overnight camp
Day 51 Trek to Low Camp via the Gondogoro Pass
Day 52 Trek to Dalsang Pa. Overnight camp
Day 53 Trek to Hushe, overnight camping
Day 54 Drive to Skardu, overnight at hotel.
Day 55 Skardu- relax at Skardu
Day 56 Drive to Chilas, overnight at hotel
Day 57 Drive to Islamabad, overnight camp
Day 58 Islamabad- debriefing at Ministry of Tourism
Day 59 Fly to onward destination - End of our Services for Gasherbrum
Base camp service
- Arrival & Departure : Airport transfers-Airport/Hotel/Airport
- Hotel In Islamabad : 4 nights in Islamabad 4 star Hotel on bed & breakfast Basis-Double Room
- Member transportation : Islamabad –Skardu by air Skardu to Askoly by jeep Askoly to Skardu by jeep Skardu to-Islamabad (by air ) and Staff transpotation Islamabad to Askoly to Skardu by Jeep Skardu to Islamabad By bus
- Transportation : Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Member and Staffs From Islamabad –to Skardu by bus Skardu to Askoly (by jeep) –Base camp(by Porters)- base camp to Askoly (by porters) Askoly to Skardu (by jeep) Skardu to Islamabad by bus
- Permit : G-2 expedition permit , National park fees.
- Garbage Management : Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit fees
- Lodging & Fooding : Food 3 meals a day in Trekking & Base camp for member & Staffs
- Cargo Clearance : International Air cargo clearance of Member Personal Luggage & Payment of Government taxes
- Liaison Officer : 1 Government Liaison officer with full equipment, salary ,accommodation
- Base Camp Staff : Base camp Cook & kitchen Helper
- Porter : Porters per member up to Base camp & Porters return from Base camp
- Staff Salary and allowance : All staffs & porters daily wages, equipment, food & clothing
- Insurance : All Staffs Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance
- Member Luggage : 60 Kg per member for personal baggage
- Base Tent : VE25 North face or Kailas tents for base camp for per member
- Base Base equipment : Base camp foam mattresses, dinning, Kitchen, Toilet & Store tents, hot shower, Tables & chairs & Cooking gears
- Heater : Heater for base camp in each Dining and other necessary camp
- Light : 1 Solar panel for battery charge and light at base camp for use.
- Dinner : one Farewell Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Islamabad with Staff
Full board service
- Oxygen : (O2)-Poisk cylinder: 02 oxygen bottle for each member and 01 oxygen bottle for each high altitude Sherpa
- Mask & Regulator : 1 Set of top Out mask for each member and high altitude Sherpa
- Permit : Satellite Phone /walkie talkie Phone if necessary in basis of Member
- High Altitude Climbing Sherpa : 1 Climbing Sherpa per member and Climbing Bonus
- High camp service : Necessary cooking gas, cooking pot for member, high altitude Sherpa, high altitude tent, high food and fixing gear (C1) (C2) (C3) (C4)
Cost does not include:
- Lunch & Dinner : Lunch & dinner in Islamabad Hotel stay and more then 4 nights in Islamabad Hotel
- Insurance : Travel and high altitude insurance ,accident, medical & emergency evacuation
- Personal Expenses : Telephone, Internet, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages, personal equipment and shopping
- Pakistan's Visa : Pakistan Visa should take into your home country or should pay visa fees as per the rules and regulation of Pakistan Government.
- Sherpa summit Bonus & Tips
- Rescue Evacuation : Emergency rescue evacuation cost, if needed and all other personal nature expenses