K2 8611m is the second highest peak in the world and highest peak in Pakistan. K2 also known as CHOGORI which is Balti language means the king of mountains.K2 has variously be described as "awesome", "Killer" and "Savage Mountain".
This is because of massiveness of its size and unsuccessful attempts made on it by various expedition parties.K2 is rocky mountain upto 6000-M, beyond which it becomes an ocean of snow. K2 8611-M is situated on the Pakistan China border in the mighty Karakorams. The traditional rout to its base camp goes from Skardu Baltistan which is linked with Islamabad by Karakoram Highway as well as by air. From Skardu the rout goes via Shigar-Dassu-Askole upto Concordia over the Baltoro Glacier.
Duration: 76 Days
Min. Altitude: (0m./0ft.)
Max. Altitude: (8611m./28251ft.)
Walking Per Day: Approximately 5-6hrs
Grade: Very Hard
Best Season: June-July.
Price Per Person: US$25000 Per Person with Full Board Cost
Day 01 Arrive Islamabad. Transfer to hotel for overnight. (20 June 2015 - Fix Date)
Day 02 Free day at Islamabad
Day 03 Skardu / Chilas
- Fly to Skardu PK-451 (10:35 – 11:35). (Flight is subject to weather). Upon arrival transfer to Hotel
- In case of cancellation of flight then drive by coach to Chilas on Karakoram Highway O/N Lodges
Day 04 Chilas / Skardu - free day at Skardu
Day 05 Skardu - Briefing at Tourism Department of Gilgit Baltistan. Final preparation at Skardu O/N Hotel
Day 06 Drive by Jeep to Askole: (3000m)
Day 07 Trek to Jhola: (3200m)
Day 08 Trek to Paiyu: (3600m)
Day 09 Rest Day Paiyu: (3600m)
Day 10 Trek to Urdukas: (4200m)
Day 11 Goro II: (4500m)
Day 12 Concordia (4700m) / K2 Base Camp (5100m)
Day 13-64 52 days for acclimatization and climbing K2.
Day 65 Trek back to Gore II (9-10 hrs) O/N Camp
Day 66 Trek to Khuburtze (8-9 hrs) O/N Camp
Day 67 Trek to Paiyu (5-6 hrs) O/N Camp
Day 69 Trek to Johla (7-8 hrs) O/N Camp
Day 70 Trek to Askole. (7-8 hrs) O/N Camp
Day 71 Drive by jeep to Skardu O/N Camp
Day 72 Farewell meeting (de-briefing) at Tourism Department of Gilgit Baltistan. O/N Hotel
Day 73 Islamabad / Chilas
- Fly to Islamabad PK-452 (12:30 – 13:30). (Subject to weather). Upon arrival transfer to hotel.
- In case of flight cancellation drive to Chilas. Overnight at hotel.
Day 75 Leisure day at Islamabad
- In case of driving, complete road journey from Chilas to Islamabad. O/N Hotel
Day 76 Final Departure
Base Camp Service
- Arrival & Departure : Airport transfers-Airport/Hotel/Airport
- Hotel In Islamabad : 4 nights in Islamabad 4 star Hotel on bed & breakfast Basis-Double Room
- Member transportion : Going Up-Islamabad –Skardu by air, Skardu to Askoly by jeep, Askoly to Skardu by jeep, Coming Down- Skardu to Islamabad by air and Staff Transportation-Islamabad to Askoly to Skardu by jeep and Skardu to Islamabad By bus.
- Transportation : Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Member and Staffs From Islamabad –to Skardu by bus Skardu to Askoly (by jeep) –Base camp(by Porters)- base camp to Askoly (by porters) Askoly to Skardu (by jeep) Skardu to Islamabad by bus
- Permit : K-2 expedition permit , National park fees.
- Garbage Management : Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit fees
- Lodging & Fooding : Food 3 meals a day in Trekking & Base camp for member & Staffs
- Cargo Clearance : International Air cargo clearance of Member Personal Luggage & Payment of Government taxes
- Liaison Officer : 1 Government Liaison officer with full equipment, salary ,accommodation.
- Base Camp Staff : Base camp Cook & kitchen Helper
- Porter : Porters per member up to Base camp & Porters return from Base camp
- Staff Salary and allowance : All staffs & porters daily wages, equipment, food & clothing
- Insurance : All Staffs Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance
- Member Luggage : 60 Kg per member for personal baggage
- Base Tent : VE25 North face or Kailas tents for base camp for per member
- Base camp equipment : Base camp foam mattresses, dinning, Kitchen, Toilet & Store tents, hot shower, Tables & chairs & Cooking gears
- Heater : Heater for base camp in each Dining and other necessary camp
- Light : 1 Solar panel for battery charge and light at base camp for use.
- Dinner : one Farewell Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Islamabad with Staff
Full Board Service
- Oxygen : (O2)-Poisk cylinder: 05 oxygen bottle for each member and 02 oxygen bottle for each high altitude Sherpa
- Mask & Regulator : 1 Set of top Out mask for each member and high altitude Sherpa
- Permit : Satellite Phone /walkie talkie Phone if necessary in basis of Member
- High Altitude Climbing Sherpa : 1 Climbing Sherpa per member and Climbing Bonus
- High camp service : Necessary cooking gas, cooking pot for member, high altitude Sherpa, high altitude tent, high food and fixing gear (C1) (C2) (C3) (C4)
Cost does not include:
- Lunch & Dinner : Lunch & dinner in Pakistan Hotel stay and more then 4 nights in Pakistan Hotel.
- Insurance : Travel and high altitude insurance ,accident, medical & emergency evacuation.
- Personal Expenses : Telephone, Internet, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages, personal equipment and shopping
- Pakistan's visa Fees : Pakistan Visa should take into home country or should pay visa fees upon arrival as per the rules and regulation of Pakistan government.
- Sherpa summit Bonus & Tips : Sherpa Summit bonus US$1500 , please calculate some tips
- Rescue Evacuation : Emergency rescue evacuation cost, if needed and all other personal nature expenses