Lhakpa Ri Expedition
Lhakp Ri Mountain is the newly becoming famous expedition in Tibet; and many climbers have been attracted these days to this mountain climbing through Tibet side. It divides the upper east Rombuk and Kharta glacier. It is very closed to Mount Everest and one feels as equal to climbed Mount Everest the moment, one reaches on the top of this mountain.
It was first climb by George Mallory who was on his way to the Everest Reconnaissance in 1921; and he had seen its North Col.
Bill Tilman made the second ascent during his Everest reconnaissance in 1936. The Third ascent made by French Everest Summiteers Michelle Pelle in 1988. The Fourth ascent by Ken McConnell in 1991. The present expedition teams are also using these same routes as the previous four expedition teams had used in the past.
Day 01 Arrival in Kathmandu - Transfer to Hotel.
Day 02 Kathmandu. (Prepare Expedition)
Day 03 Kathmandu
Day 04 Drive to Kodari - Cross border & Zhangmu
Day 05 Zhangmu - Nyalam
Day 06 Nyalam - Tingri
Day 07 Tingri Acclimatized
Day 08 Tingri - Lhakpa Ri Base Camp
Day 09 Lhakpa Ri Base Camp
Day 10 Lhakpa Ri Base Camp - Middle Camp
Day 11 Middle Camp - ABC Camp
Day 12-23 Climbing period.
Day 24 Prepare for return to Kathmandu
Day 25 Base Camp to Tingri
Day 26 Tingri – Shegar or Nyalam
Day 27 Shegar – Shigatse Zhangmu
Day 28 Shigatse - Gyantse
Day 29 Gyantse - Lhasa
Day 30 Lhasa – KTM after cross border and transfer to Hotel
Day 31 Lhasa
Day 32 Lhasa to Kathmandu flight & transfer to Hotel.
Day 33 Kathmandu
Day 34 Kathmandu
Day 35 Final Departure.
- 6 nights accommodation in Kathmandu with bed & breakfast (3 star hotel).
- Expert professional Nepalese expedition crews like Cook, Kitchen boy, ABC guide and mountaineering gears till to the ABC are provided; and our crews get all expedition facilities from our office itself.
- Tibet visa & Travel Permit for the expedition crew
- Full board hotel in route to Tibet side Zhangmu, Nyalam & Tingri (bed & breakfast, Lunch, dinner) as well as Shigatse, Ghyntse, Lhasa after expedition
- Base Camp - Advance Base Camp 1 tent for 1 person (North Face brand)
- Dining tent, Table, Chairs, toilet tent, Mess tent & Kitchen tent
- Per person's (40 KG) Load is carried by the Yak till to the from BC to ABC
- Per person's (30 KG) Load is carried by the Yak on the way back to the ABC to the Base camp
- Kathmandu - Zhangmu - Base Camp is provided the Mini bus/Jeep for the members & Truck for the equipment and after expedition drive to Lhasa & fly back to Kathmandu. Staff will be go back to Kathmandu by truck with your climbing gear
- Peak permit for Lhakpa Ri
- Tibet Visa & Travel permit
- Liaison officer & Interpreter
- Nepalese crew' insurance
- ABC - Oxygen for Emergency but you must pay for its use.
- Satellite phone (Pay call).
- Welcome dinner
Cost does not include:
- Air travel to and from Kathmandu.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Laundry, postage, telephone calls, and all other items of personal nature.
- Entry visa and Re-entry visa for Nepal.
- Personal Expenses.
- Medical and rescue insurance.
- Personal Climbing equipment.
- Bar bills & Beverage.
- Medicine and first aid expenses
- Garbage Deposit and Deposit fee will be not refund if clients (climber) don't take back their garbage.
- Extra yak.